UCLA Physical Sciences Dean Miguel García-Garibay is dedicating resources to inspire others to give through the Physical Sciences Matching Gift Program, aimed at significantly transforming the future of UCLA Physical Sciences through endowed support.
We recognize the urgency to address social justice priorities and the critical need to increase the diversity of our faculty, staff, and student body. A broader pool of talent fosters greater scientific accomplishments and empowers underrepresented communities that significantly benefit our society.
As a commitment to these efforts, gifts in support of diversity, equity, and inclusion will be considered at a more significant match.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Endowments
- Qualifying gifts of $100,000 to $1 million to any Physical Sciences endowment aimed at increasing diversity, equity, and inclusivity within the division will be matched at 100%. For example, a $500,000 gift will become $1,000,000.
All Other Endowments
- Qualifying gifts of $100,000 to $1 million to all other Physical Sciences endowments will be matched at 50%. For example, a $100,000 gift will become $150,000.
Program Information through June 30, 2021
- Gifts eligible for matching funds must support new or existing endowments.
- Gifts may be designated to support scholarships, student awards, graduate student fellowships, postdoctoral fellowships, faculty research, chairs, physical space, and many other endowment options within the Physical Sciences departments, institutes, and centers (pending appropriate approval).
- Only cash gifts and pledges will be matched. Corporate matching gifts and deferred planned gifts are not eligible for the match. Pledges are payable over a maximum of five years and the match will be applied when the full gift amount designated has been received by the university.
- There are limited funds, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Contact Brooke Sanders at 310.903.6521 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details.