UCLA Physical Sciences Dean Miguel García-Garibay is dedicating resources from technological innovations developed by faculty to inspire others to give through the Physical Sciences Matching Gift Program, aimed at significantly transforming the future of UCLA Physical Sciences through endowed support. We are committed to addressing social justice priorities and the critical need to increase the diversity of our faculty, staff, and student body. Endowed funds enable us to attract and support a broader pool of talent that fosters greater scientific accomplishments, promotes underrepresented communities that significantly benefit our society, and empowers our quest for excellence in education and research.
All Other Endowments
- Qualifying gifts to establish an endowed chair in the Physical Sciences Division will be matched at 50%. (For example, a 1.34M gift will receive a match of $670,000 for a $2M endowment.)
- Qualifying gifts of $5,000 – $100,000 towards a pooled endowment named “research excellence fund” to support Physical Sciences graduate students across the Division will be matched at 100%. (For example, a $100,000 pooled gift will become $200,000.)
- Qualifying estate gifts made through a testamentary pledge may be matched at 50% during the donor’s lifetime. Estate gift matches are made on a case-by-case basis. (Please let the Physical Sciences Development Team know if you would like to learn more.)
PROGRAM INFORMATION THROUGH JUNE 30, 2024:
- Gifts eligible for matching funds must support new or existing endowments.
- Only cash gifts and pledges will be matched. Corporate matching gifts are not eligible for
the match. Pledges are payable over a maximum of five years and, except for testamentary pledges, the match will be applied when the full gift amount designated has been received by the university.
- There are very limited funds, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Brooke Sanders at 310.903.6521 or email@example.com to discuss details.
Contact Brooke Sanders at (310) 903-6521 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details.